Coltrade informs you about the Colombia trade partners, declaring that Colombia is a proven partner of the United States in the Western Hemisphere because of its trade and investment potential; its democratic, free market values; and its unwavering fight against illegal drugs and terrorism.
- The U.S.-Colombia Trade Partnership will significantly enhance both Colombia’s and the United States’ strategic agenda of economic progress, stability, and security in the Andean region.
- The U.S.-Colombia Trade Partnership will significantly expand trade and employment in both markets, as Colombia is a commercially significant market and a complementary economy to the United States. It will transform a preferential trade relationship under ATPA into a reciprocal, permanent and comprehensive one.
- The U.S.-Colombia Trade Partnership will drive new investment opportunities for U.S. companies in both countries behind a more certain and predictable environment, enhancing their competitiveness and ability to keep jobs in the region.
- Political security and economic security are related and mutually reinforcing. The U.S.-Colombia Trade Partnership will strengthen bilateral ties and enhance Colombia’s long-term economic and political security, a key strategic priority for the United States in the region.
- The U.S.-Colombia Trade Partnership will strengthen positive labor and environmental policies in Colombia and improve enforcement through more accountability and resources. It will further advance labor rights and the protection of environment with the development of new export-oriented industries, like Colombia’s flower industry.
- Colombia is ready now to negotiate a comprehensive trade agreement with the United States, including all relevant issues and economic sectors. The U.S.-Colombia Trade Partnership will further enhance U.S. efforts to advance regional and multilateral trade negotiations.